RE: For those who hire... what makes a resume stand out?

Subject: RE: For those who hire... what makes a resume stand out?
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- qwest -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 23:10:12 -0700

Hi all,
I've just been getting caught up with this thread, and as I was reading
I had a thought (scary--that's what I get for getting up at 4 a.m.!).
Apologies if someone else brought this up already, but it occurs to me
that there's an extremely practical reason for including an
objective/summary/mission statement at the beginning of one's resume.
With all the crossover skills we see now (as we all try to become more
technical!), there is the very real possibility that someone giving a
resume a cursory read could mistake a technical writer, for example,
with a web designer. Plus if there's a lot of hiring going on at a
company, it might be very easy to get resumes mixed up just based on
skill sets or the fact that someone developed web pages at a previous
job.

Just a thought.

Lisa Wright
Product Manager