Re: techwr-l digest: July 15, 2001

Subject: Re: techwr-l digest: July 15, 2001
From: "Jonathan Stoppi" <stops -at- qualum -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:24:07 +0200

A week or so ago, Geoff wrote regarding someone's problems in deleting a
page from a PDF file:

"If it's secured, you'll need to either crack the password (a few folks have
already sent you suggestions on how to do so), or find an application that
will open the PDF file. Recent versions of Adobe Illustrator and (I believe)
InDesign will open PDF as a native file format. Once the file is open, I'll
bet you a nickel that the security settings are bypassed (it would be
logical for them to be preserved, given that this is an obvious loophole."

I thought these loopholes were addressed in Acrobat 5. Were they not?

- Jonathan Stoppi

The Concerned Guy