Re: Using FrameMaker to Develop Courseware

Subject: Re: Using FrameMaker to Develop Courseware
From: Paul Sinasohn <sinasohn -at- sendmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:58:39 -0700

Craig, at Sendmail, we do the same thing.

"Branham, Craig" wrote:

> Is anyone else on this list doing this kind of work with FrameMaker?
Yes, at Sendmail we import the PPT slides (saved as gif files) into
individual anchored frames. All of these slide pages use the 'Right'
Master page, which is actually centered so it can be printed as either
right or left.

The instructor notes pages use the 'Left' Master page, and are
conditional.

> Does anyone know where I might find different examples of training
> publications produced with Frame?
We have openings in both our July and August classes (SF & Emeryville,
CA) :-)

> Does Adobe offer any resources that might help?
Not that I've ever found.

At the STC Region 8 (Hawaii) conference last year I took the Framemaker
product managers to task about the lack of support for importing
Popwerpoint slides individually, and they promised to have someone try
to implement single_slide-to-single_anchored_frame functionality. They
were very surprised to find that importing a PPT presentation into Frame
puts the whole thing into one anchored frame as a link. Apparently,
that's not what was called for in the spec.

I mentioned that they would expand their core market for the product
into the thousands of technical trainers who need both PPT and print....
they liked that idea.

--
******REMOVE NOSPAM FROM REPLY ADDRESS ABOVE******
Paul E. Sinasohn 510-594-5571