Re: automated Word to PDF conversion

Subject: Re: automated Word to PDF conversion
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 05:17:44 -0700 (PDT)

> A project manager asked me to come up with an "automated" solution
> for
> converting multiple Word files (up to 400 at a time) into PDF
> without
> having to open them one after another (and possibly without having

Here's what I do when I have a batch of Word files to print...I'm
sure someone has better.

1) Configure Distiller to watch a folder for PS files and open Word
and configure it to print with a PS driver, print oto file, and the
directory. Close Word.

2) In Windows Explorer, highlight the list of files, then right click
your mouse and select Print.

3) Let it run. The first document will load, be sent to printer,
then Word will close. The next document will load, be sent to
printer, and Word will close.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
"I am a bomb disposal expert. If you see me running, try to keep up."

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/