RE: Salary

Subject: RE: Salary
From: "Isley, Donna D - CNF" <Isley -dot- Donna -at- cnf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:27:33 -0700

Where I'm currently employed (and every other place I've worked) salary
information is considered confidential. We're not to discuss the topic of
how much we make with other employees, let alone someone not employed here.
Knowing that, if ANYONE asks me how much I earn, I merely state it's company
confidential information and I'm not to discuss it. (Doesn't apply when
taking out a loan however). I further state it's a matter of respect and
surely "you" can understand those business ethics and the same respect would
be afforded to "this" company, should I be hired.

It puts the ball in their court. A good future employer know won't ask me
to break business ethics or my personal respect and now they know if they
want to know the answer, they must call my previous employer.

This has always gotten me off the hook!!

Donna D. Isley
isley -dot- donna -at- cnf -dot- com