Fw: Graphic's Question - Follow up

Subject: Fw: Graphic's Question - Follow up
From: "tronajc" <tronajc -at- freemail -dot- absa -dot- co -dot- za>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 07:36:51 +0200

Thanks to all those that reply on and off list.

I forgot to mention that the graphic's in question are those of business
processes normally printed out on eiether A3 or A2 size paper - thus they
extend beyond normal borders.(Requiring scrolling both sideways and up/down
to see all.

Thanks again to al that responded - Have done most if not all suggested
tweaks and followed up on other suggestions. See Summarized Reply. -

To all those that asked -systems used is NT4 service pack 6 - Robohelp ver
9.1 service pack 2. CPU usage when working with these graphics is 100 %
when viewed with task manager. 3 different makes of PC - (Project on local
Hardisk ), used to ensure that this was not a - both main PC are 677Mhz with
256M and 330M Ram respectively, on board. Again these are Monochrome images
(although have done similar test with colour graphics - Which increases size
and processing time) - The original Master graphics are exported to MS paint
to be saved as BMP (Which are sent to me) these are then converted in Paint
Shop Pro 5 to The Gif / Jpeg / png Samples as previously mentioned.

(I am willing to try other formats but they must be compatible so that
ROboHelp can recognise then as well as word. (For creating Link images for
additional user / training guides.)

My key questions still remain unanswered - "Could any of you knowledge able
people describe the process happing
behind the scenes ? The hows and why's ?

Why does it take so long to draw the Image map - ( Does RB convert the
Sample image back to a BMP or similar format to input the changes (Image
Map) ?) - Is it because parts of the graphics are off screen ? - Any input
from RpoboHelp Experts ?

I thought that using a smaller ( size) and format Ie GIF would speed up the
process and lessen CPU usage and make the files more manageable. ? Any
advise or thoughts ?

Looking forward to