Re: book recommendations

Subject: Re: book recommendations
From: Meg Halter <aiki4us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 07:35:52 -0700 (PDT)

Anthony Svoboda is looking for basic texts to learn HTML, Java,
Lotus Notes, and SQL.

------------------

When I started working with HTML a few months ago, I looked
through quite a few books. Elizabeth Castro's _HTML 4 for the
World Wide Web: Visual Quickstart Guide_ was a very clear
get-your-feet-wet introduction that I outgrew fairly quickly.
With the preparation from Elizabeth's book, I was able to use
the O'Reilly book _HTML & XHTML: The Definitive Guide_ by Chuck
Musciano & Bill Kennedy, which has considerably more depth.

Come to think of it, when in doubt, get an O'Reilly book. I've
never seen a bad book by them, though they are a bit tough to
start out with.

-- Meg

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Learn about tools and technologies for user assistance developers at