Specialty dictionary files for spell check

Subject: Specialty dictionary files for spell check
From: "David Berg" <dberg -at- dmpnet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:57:31 -0500

Some time ago I came across a zip file to add medical words to my computer's
spell check database. I imagine that many of the folks in medical writing
already know about this, but if you're interested in the medical dictionary
file, it's at;
http://www.graylab.ac.uk/omd/spell.html

The page gives complete instructions on how to install the files, at least
for Word 95 and 97. The main thing that's not plainly obvious is the link to
the download. Just click "conditions of use" in the text. The file is
available in either zip or gzip format.

Does anyone else out there know of similar specialty keyword/dictionary
files for other areas, such as telecommunications, education, etc?

David Berg

Learn about tools and technologies for user assistance developers at