RE: a good grammar test

Subject: RE: a good grammar test
From: "Peggy Luckett" <peggyl -at- dcainc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:08:38 -0500

Original poster wrote:

> > I supervise 5 technical writers at a software company. I'm
> > looking for a good grammar/editing test for my current
writers.

On 24 Jul 01, at 13:51, Richard Smith wrote:

> Depending on the company, a current employee might look at this
> with skepticism. Given that there are only five, I'm sure you
> already have some idea of thier abilities? Right? ...

I agree with Richard. Sounds as if you're trying to weed out
someone who's not up to the job. If someone's grammar is not
what it should be, then that person's supervisor/manager should
be discussing this problem directly with the person in question.

OTOH, I think it is always great to make it possible for
employees to gain additional training, whether at a
university/college or other training facility.

Just my opinion,
Peg

Learn about tools and technologies for user assistance developers at