OT: Gotta Spend Some Money

Subject: OT: Gotta Spend Some Money
From: "Swallow, William" <WSwallow -at- courion -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:58:30 -0400

>>>What does your group do? Software product documentation?
Marketing/promotional material? Other? Is your web work presented on an
intranet, on the public Internet, or displayed locally to the user's own
system? Are all these users on Windows, or are other platforms involved?<<<

Ah, hell! What does it matter? This is "use it or lose it money", which
means more comes later. :) Be a kid in a candy shop! Get the software and
hardware you only wish you could have! I sent my recommendations off-list,
but some items included other software they don't already have, scanners,
digital cameras, new ergonomic/state-of-the-art input devices, zip drives,
etc. I think if I was told "Bill, we're sorry to say that you have several
thousand dollars to use up by Friday" I'd be going nuts on all the
hardware/software I think I'd ever want to use (that I don't already have).

Now if you need to JUSTIFY the purchase, well, that's a bit tougher. ;)

*****************
BILL SWALLOW
Technical Writer
C O U R I O N C O R P O R A T I O N
1881 Worcester Road
Framingham, Mass. 01701
T E L * 508-879-8400 x316
F A X * 508-879-8500
www.courion.com

Learn about tools and technologies for user assistance developers at