Forcing minimum line weights in PDF files?

Subject: Forcing minimum line weights in PDF files?
From: <wenewkir -at- rockwellcollins -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:28:18 -0400

Print shop complains that the PDF files we send them are "too light" after
years of no complaints.

Apparently, the stuff that looks good on the 600 dpi laser printer is "too
fine" for the press room. (yeah, I don't understand it either)

Are there tools for either checking a PDF for minimum line weight or ones
that can set a minimum line weight? (I know there was mention of a PDF tool
site, I still have to look for it).

thanks,

bill newkirk
wenewkir -at- rockwellcollins -dot- com