RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "SM Rush" <sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:32:49 -0700

I would answer the poll with:

> * Very interested, but would not follow it on my own

"Somewhat interested" sounds halfhearted, and that's not the case with me.
I'm interested in the subject because I spend my waking days working with
it.

I get interested by most things. I'm one of those people (and there are
many of us) who had trouble picking a major because every class I took
looked so intriguing (except economics, which remained a boring mystery
until I took calculus).

But I have to admit, if I was looking for that dream job, it would be
writing for medical research (such as with the CDC) or other scientific
research (such as astronomy or archaeology). Something altruistic and not
for the sole purpose of making money. Maybe next job.