RE: User Manual Sample

Subject: RE: User Manual Sample
From: Diane Evans <DianeE -at- LOCKSTREAM -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 08:45:42 -0700

IMHO, a "perfect user manual" includes a list of all error messages a user
might see.

A recent manual I published (well, Nokia published...) told the user that if
they see a specific error message, they should call support. The developers
told me that the only way the users would see this message is if their
device "became toast". They wanted to know why I would even reference this
error message. I told them, "Because the user's device might become toast."

Wouldn't it be nice to know how to fix the blue screen of death?

Diane Evans
Information Developer
Lockstream, Inc.
425-709-6840 x 230

Ask for the moon, and settle for its reflection in the pond in your back
yard.