RE: Copyright Issue

Subject: RE: Copyright Issue
From: Darren Barefoot <Darren -dot- Barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 12:31:12 +0100

Hmmm...I'm pretty sure Crystal Reports is owned by Seagate Software...ah, I
just took a look and saw that Crystal Decisions is "A Seagate Company" (as a
side note, CD's Web site is almost unusable, the main page is designed so
poorly). Anyhow, usually I do a search on the Web site for "trademarks" and
determine what they want you to do. I've documented a product that uses
Crystal Reports, and would suggest the following "Seagate Crystal Reports is
a trademark of Seagate Software Inc.". That's what we had on our manuals
(for example, http://www.projecttalk.com/Help/UsingPT.pdf).

Mind you, I'm not a lawyer. Thanks. DB.