RE: Stress Management Amongst Technical Writers

Subject: RE: Stress Management Amongst Technical Writers
From: "D.R. Smith" <daleindex -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 13:42:23 -0400

The most stressful:

A manager who has a rage problem.(The manager is new so he is inexperienced. He is also uneducated (no degree) and is allowed to blow up at the tech writers (We have lost 11 in the last year)

A manager who talks down to tech writers

Having a performance review where my work is praised but I lose points because I don't socialize enough and go to lunch with my associates when they go. (Even though I get along with them well!)

Being the lowest paid tech writers in the nation (according to the STC salary review)

A bad economy that makes us hostage to this job and situation.

How do I beat this stress?

The Simpsons
Exercise - weight lifting and aerobic
Playing Ice Hockey(The faster and harder the better!)
King of the Hill
Drinking!!! (That's why I exercise!)
Yoga helps a lot too!

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: