Copyright page in single-sided PDFs

Subject: Copyright page in single-sided PDFs
From: "Salan Sinclair" <salan -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 20:57:41 -0700

Is a separate copyright and front matter page necessary in a PDF?

I use a single-sided format for PDFs because none of my users has a
double-sided printer.

I am now wondering if I should eliminate the separate front matter page, and
make the table of contents appear on the second page.

I've seen users act somewhat taken aback when they turn the cover page and
come across the near-empty page of front matter.

I am considering squeezing copyright and trademark information in the footer
of the first page of the table of contents. But I haven't seen many similar
examples. Anybody doing this?

Thanks.

Salan Sinclair