OT - From Woodys Office Re Outlook 2002 - As this happened to me this weekend .

Subject: OT - From Woodys Office Re Outlook 2002 - As this happened to me this weekend .
From: "Anton Coetzee" <CoetzAJ2 -at- telkom -dot- co -dot- za>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:07:24 +0200

"Somebody sent a big file (1.2 MB) to my MSN email account
- you know, blahblah -at- msn -dot- com . I don't want to try to
download the hairy thing. I just want to get rid of it. I
tried to figure out a way to get Outlook 2000 and/or
Outlook 2002 to do go up to the MSN server and simply
delete the beast, but no luck. So I wrote to MSN tech
support. Here's what they said..."

"There are two ways to delete a piece of mail off the MSN
mail server. the first is to download it or create a
message rule that will delete it right off the server.

*Unfortunately Outlook 2000 does not have that option, you
would have to create a message rule in Outlook Express and
tell it to delete it. The other way is to call technical
support and have them "escalate" this to the engineers to
manually delete it."