RE: Senior Technical Writer

Subject: RE: Senior Technical Writer
From: "Lyn McNairn" <lyn -at- infointeractive -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:10:13 -0300

Oh my goodness, it happens elsewhere!

This has been my personal experience at my last 2 jobs.
The lack of recognition for plain old hard work was
limited to neglible/no raises and lack of promotions.
You were also shunned from perks like paid overtime -
just expected to keep up on your own time; while
those with brown noses supplemented their income with ease.

The only thing that keeps me trying and not "kissing"
is the hope that this is not becoming the norm.
Personally I don't like knee pads.