Re: word changes fonts + old thanx

Subject: Re: word changes fonts + old thanx
From: Bonnie Granat <bgranat -at- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:28:42 -0400

Cayenne Woods wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I've got a document that changes fonts on other machines (even with the same
> version) and so changes where pages break and other nasty things. Also the
> formatting of inserted pictures changes, going off the page etc. This happens in
> identical versions of Word (Office 2000), tho some of it's when opening in
> Word97.

Word uses templates to control what set
of styles appear in a document. If you
do not use a template with that document
-- and if those who work with that
document on other machines do not use
the identical template -- you get the
wild results that you have observed
yourself.

Every time you open that document,
before you do anything, click Tools >
Templates and Add-ins. Attach the
template for the document. The template,
of course, has exactly the styles and
the page margins, and so forth that you
want in your document.

Every time other people open that