US job perspective-the East Coast view

Subject: US job perspective-the East Coast view
From: anne_mcdonough -at- Teamsignal -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:19:32 -0400

Lisa-to give you the East Coast, USA perspective, things here are slower,
but by no means dead yet. I live in the Washington, DC area. When I was
jobhunting the end of last year. there were about 250 TWer listings on
monster.com. When I last looked a few weeks ago (gotta see what is out
there!!), there were about 90 listings. This area has been called Silicon
Alley East, although that is not as great a designation as it once was with
AOL announcing massive layoffs today. I moved back to this area from New
York City in 1999, and this area is definitely a better area for TWers.
Can't answer how the Boston area is doing in this slower economy. There
are tons of high tech companies here, plus the Federal government hires its
fair share of writers too.

Any questions about this area or NYC, contact me offline.

Anne McDonough