RE: Job Market in the USA

Subject: RE: Job Market in the USA
From: Katie Kearns <kkearns -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:38:48 -0700

At 12:35 PM 8/14/01 -0600, you wrote:

In my experience (Not my personal belief) the reason why US authors find
it difficult to find work outside North America is because the rest of us,
not matter what flavour of English, spell words properly. :-)

In my experience, people like to hire a local. They're afraid of getting to offer-letter time and finding out that the candidate demands their move paid for them. Or they finally visit the area and realize just how bad traffic is, or they can't find a house.

Locals are already around, so it's more likely they'll work out.

It doesn't matter if it's another country, another state, or another city.

-Katie

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: