Career Opportunity--Need Advice

Subject: Career Opportunity--Need Advice
From: "B Herring" <herring_b -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 13:09:59 +0000

All,

I have a dilemma regarding a potential opportunity. I was laid off from a company earlier this year that was an established company rolling out a new business plan to compete among the dot.com start ups at the wrong time. About 30 people were kept on board after the third set of major lay offs (I survived until the third one), and they have retooled their business plan and product offering. I have been asked to come back on board and put together a Technical Publications department to align with the needs of the new business plan. This is an ideal opportunity for me and aligns with my career goals...the problem is, do I return to the company that just downsized and that still is operating on investment capital? My current position is stable, but not challenging, and I do not foresee a long-term future and certainly no opportunities for advancement. I welcome any advice.

Thanks,

Brandi Herring

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: