Re: Dual citizenship (was Job Market in the USA)

Subject: Re: Dual citizenship (was Job Market in the USA)
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:53:15 -0700

I have dual citizenship (I was born on Canadian soil to American born parents). My birth was registered with the consulate as an American Citizen born abroad. It has given me no problems at all. I live and work and vote in the US. (I don't try to be both a Canadian and a US citizen.) However, my brother had problems when he was in the service and wanted to be an officer. They then required him to renounce his Canadian citizenship.

Marilynne

At 04:13 PM 8/14/2001 -0400, Karen E. Black wrote:

Good ol' Google brought back this URL:

http://www.webcom.com/richw/dualcit

It's an FAQ (a fack?) on just this subject.

Karen E. Black
Technical Writer
www.dhltd.com

From: Victoria Camgros <vcamgros -at- persistence -dot- com>
At 03:58 PM 8/14/01 -0400, Brierley, Sean wrote:
Dual citizen of where? The USA?

You are aware, that the USA does not recognize dual citizenship. I don't
know what that really means in terms of any other passports you might be
carrying, nor do I know whether it is frowned upon from a security
standpoint, but I suspect that if you are claiming such a status, you'll get
more than the average scrutiny.

I believe the USA recognizes dual citizenship with Israel. Other countries
often do not acknowledge the repudiation of their citizenship required when
becoming a citizen of the US.

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: