Contractors: Run Credit Checks for Questionable Customers?

Subject: Contractors: Run Credit Checks for Questionable Customers?
From: "Robert B. Kennedy" <textexcellence -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 06:54:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Whirlers,

Yesterday I visited a small
software maker's offices, which
consisted of two small, well-maintained
buildings, each half a football field...
and 4 cars in the back lot. It looked
like one of the bldgs contained equipment,
but no bodies.

The President needs a manual for a new
product he's releasing and, assuming
he likes my sample, will choose my company.
His Web site lists his employee total
as 255, with major offices in Russia and
India. He said "I've had over 100 people
overseas working on this app for a long time."

He showed me a demo of the app -- it looks
very cool and may be a winner. But I suspect
he's going to fight me on price, and I'm
concerned if he can pay on time...

HAVE ANY OF YOU PAID $50 TO RUN AN INTERNET
CHECK ON A COMPANY LIKE THIS PRIOR TO DOING BIZ
FOR THOUSANDS OF $$$ ???

PS: If I demand 1/3 up front and 1/3 in the middle,
he may balk.

TIA,

Bobby

=====
Robert B. Kennedy, Technical Writer
TEXT EXCELLENCE, INC.
Trenton Business & Technology Center
36 South Broad St.
Trenton, NJ 08608
TEL: 609-989-5999
robert -dot- kennedy -at- textexcellence -dot- com

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/