Re: Update: Contractors: Run Credit Checks for Questionable Customers

Subject: Re: Update: Contractors: Run Credit Checks for Questionable Customers
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 19:40:41 -0400

"Robert B. Kennedy" wrote:

> Could Andrew be wrong? I hope so...
>
> I've sent the fellow an email explaining
> that I can send him a detailed proposal
> as soon as he supplies me with more info.
> I then added that "I would like 1/3 payment
> to be rec'd up front, another third in the
> middle, and the balance at the end...
>
> This may have been bad timing...
>
> If Andrew's right, I probably won't
> be meeting my cousins at Hyannis
> this summer...
>
> I'll let you know what happens!

Think of it this way, if they do not like the idea of upfront, they may
very well have been looking to avoid paying you.
You may also have avoided working for nothing. Frankly, I have freely
and intentionally donated hours of my time where I thought it
appropriate. I strongly resent being ripped off for even one minute.

--
Peter
Mailto:peternew -at- optonline -dot- net

Adapting old programs to fit new machines
usually means adapting new machines to
behave like old ones.