Re: Robohelp (on the Developer's Side)

Subject: Re: Robohelp (on the Developer's Side)
From: "Michael West" <mbwest -at- bigpond -dot- net -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 20:29:43 +1000

> My Development Manager just called me and asked this question: what are the
> keyvalues needed to attach the robohelp files to the software .. are they
> alphanumeric or numeric and is there a limit to the number of digits?

It depends on what development tool they are using,
and how you set up your project. You haven't even
specified whether you are developing WinHelp, HTML help,
or what.

My advice is RTFM. Or give it to your Development
Manager to read.

You need to look the in the RoboHelp helpfile or
user guide under the topic "context-sensitive help".
It's all explained quite clearly. For example, for
a Delphi WinHelp project, you have the choice of
having RoboHelp generate the map IDs and the .pas
file that contains the links to Help topics, or of letting
the programmers generate them while you manually
key the ID into each topic.
--
Michael West
Melbourne, Australia