RE: HTML Help Search Tab Question

Subject: RE: HTML Help Search Tab Question
From: "Eric Thomas" <erict -at- installshield -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:50:49 -0500

I'm using HTML Help Workshop... is there a way to do it from here? Or is it
"extended functionality" only available in other HTML development
applications?

Eric A. Thomas
Sr. Technical Writer
InstallShield Software Corporation
http://www.installshield.com

Eric asked:
> Is there a way to set the Search tab for compiled HTML Help files
> to not only be the default the first time a help system is launched,
> but be the default tab every time?

Dave replied:
Eric, you don't say what authoring tool you use, but this is easily
done in RoboHelp HTML. I'm using version 9.1. In the RH Explorer
panel, select "Windows" from the list and double-click your window
name ("NewWindow" by default). On the Window Properties dialog,
under Tri-pane Tabs and Windows, select Default Tab = Search from
a drop-down list.

After compiling, the Search tab always comes up on top, but in the
default position (third from left).

Dave Demyan
Mendem Concord, Inc.
http://www.mendem.com