Re: HTML editor: does everyone need to be on the same page?

Subject: Re: HTML editor: does everyone need to be on the same page?
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:32:59 -0600

I'm with Andrew - get on board and learn the tool.

Also, you say you have no problem with Windows, but you obviously object
rather strongly to it. If that's what the people that pay you use, then
use it. Or work elsewhere, I guess.

I co-manage two different sites for my company. In both cases, my
superiors have dictated that I use specific (and different) tools, mostly
for easy management of shared files. As a result, in addition to being a
hand-coder, I now know FrontPage and DreamWeaver. I haven't forgotten how
to write HTML (and I can more quickly fix any anomalies in the
WYSIWYG-generated code), and lo and behold, I still remember how to turn
on a Macintosh.

In other words, it ain't gonna bite you. Learn the tool. Also, it's
another bullet in the resume, which you can polish while you look for that
perfect job writing for a <your OS of choice here> shop.

You run a much higher risk of alienating yourself by being a tool snob.
Get on board, and be assimilated!

:)