RE: AutoCAD question - Hope this is legal

Subject: RE: AutoCAD question - Hope this is legal
From: "Glenn Maxey" <glenn -dot- maxey -at- voyanttech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 17:28:41 -0600

Yes and no. I used to document an add-on product to AutoCAD and AutoCAD
LT. The last version I was involved with was AutoCAD 13, so some of my
info is dated.

The main difference was that AutoCAD would support a digital pad (a
super fancy mouse pad with toolbar icons) and it could be run with the
mouse. AutoCAD LT, on the other hand, could only be run with a mouse;
toolbars were on screen. AutoCAD LT was much smaller, cheaper, etc.

To the best of my knowledge, both had a command line for entering
commands like line drawing. However, it was more difficult to make an
add-on for it. AutoCAD supported more commands and modes of operation
than AutoCAD LT, but the premise of AutoCAD LT was to be able to do most
of what you really needed AutoCAD LT to do, but with less memory, money,
etc.

Glenn Maxey
Voyant Technologies, Inc.
Tel. +1 303.223.5164
Fax. +1 303.223.5275
glenn -dot- maxey -at- voyanttech -dot- com