Re: Style Question

Subject: Re: Style Question
From: Jean Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:18:42 +1000

Before the term "style sheet" became used for "cascading style sheet" (CSS), it was used for a short (often one-page) document that supplements the style manual (if there is one). You might also use one to summarize vital information for your own reference or to give to an editor. Record on a style sheet any decisions made for a particular product or publication. More details here:
Style sheets http://www.wrevenge.com.au/ed-style.htm
Style guides, design guides, and process guides http://www.wrevenge.com.au/eyrie/tenews4.htm#feature4

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
mailto:jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.wrevenge.com.au/

At 09:12 AM 28/08/01 -0600, tara bowman wrote:
>>What is the best way to go about creating a style sheet for Word/RoboHelp documents? Also, could I please get a clear definition on the difference between style sheets and style guides? I am under the understanding that "style sheet" is referring to a template-type document while guides give specifications for content (ie. Chicago, MLA, etc.). Any samples of style sheets would be appreciated.<<

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: