Re: HTML editor: does everyone need to be on the same page?

Subject: Re: HTML editor: does everyone need to be on the same page?
From: "Simon North" <north -at- synopsys -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:10:51 +0200

To which Bruce wrote:

> ... many HTML editors add their own little
> contributions to the code. The result can be very erratic, especially
> once a file has been opened and saved in several different editors.
> So, there is a sound reason for standardizing.

I wouldn't be quite so generous as Bruce. There are very sound
reasons for standardizing, but unfortunately this isn't reflected in a
large number of HTML tools. The code that comes out of some
these editors (and a certain leading Microsoft product is one of the
very worst offenders) is absolutely appalling. However, if you are all
conforming to the same tool (smacks of the same sad old story of
letting yourself be driven by your tools rather than finding the tool
that does what you want), you really don't have much choice but to
go with the flow.

Simon North

The media is not the same message.