RE: HTML editor: does everyone need to be on the same page?

Subject: RE: HTML editor: does everyone need to be on the same page?
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:09:08 -0700 (PDT)

--- Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org> wrote:
> Actually, I didn't think it was "getting away with" anything at all. That
> Unnamed Editor from Heck should be able to accept HTML written in any other
> program, and why would it make a difference to the project manager whether
> you keyed it in using Wordpad or not, as long as it ended up in the right
> software? Anything that really needed to be done in that particular software
> could be done after the HTML was pasted into a document. Trust me, I've BTDT
> and it works. Insisting that someone use that particular software for keying
> in text sounds like micromanagement to me.

Assuming that I know the editor in question, it occurs to me to ask why one
wouldn't just select the "HTML" tab on the editor and enter one's code that
way? Wouldn't that accomplish the same purpose? The editor I use doesn't do
anything to code I enter by hand in the HTML mode, and I can go to either
"Normal" mode or "Preview" mode to take a peek at what I'm doing.

In that way, it seems to me that the hand-code purist can be mostly satisfied
and the tool dictator can be mostly satisfied.

What am I missing here?

=====
Tom Murrell
Lead Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems
Columbus, Ohio
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/
Page Last Updated 07/15/01

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/