RE: it's a writer thing...only you will understand

Subject: RE: it's a writer thing...only you will understand
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:56:18 -0400

Continuing the dialogue, since you asked:

[Karen]
> Bah, I still prefer the hidden flight sim in Excel to the lame pinball
> hidden in Word.

[Mandy]
WHAT! Flight sim? Pinball!

I hope you're kidding 'cause otherwise I'm going to be thrashing around
looking for those. Though I suppose the funny ol' things MS Word does to
my bullet lists could be considered a form of pinball...

She's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist...
Mandy

[Marguerite]
>From an old ZDNet posting:
Subject: How to find secret Easter eggs--in your computer programs
_____________________DAVID COURSEY_____________________
HOW TO FIND SECRET EASTER EGGS--IN YOUR COMPUTER PROGRAMS
TECH FUN: Today we will enter secret commands and find
hidden goodies inside popular PC programs.
OK, so this isn't serious, to us--but it's
how programmers get their kicks and sometimes
even sign their work. Join me as we begin our
Easter Egg Hunt.
http://cgi.zdnet.com/slink?/adeskb/adt0413/2707613:2260468

I tried the one in Excel, where you scroll to row 2000 and then to column
WC, tab to that cell (2000,WC) and press (I think) Enter. The screen goes
black, then a "Spy Chaser" game comes up. Press Esc to exit. If you have to
scroll a long way (as in this case), holding down Shift as you scroll speeds
up the process immensely, although it's mostly useful for approximating your
destinataion. Some of these don't seem to work too well in Win 2000 but do
in Win 98. Have fun!