RE: resources for writing technical specs

Subject: RE: resources for writing technical specs
From: Tara English-Sweeney <tesweeney -at- novadigm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:01:51 -0400

"I'm looking for books or examples of really good technical specifications.
We have decided to write functional specs for our products before we design
them (finally!), but we have never done that before."

Kim,

I think you might find information in project management books. Also, maybe
try searching on About.com or Google.com.

Here are some resources that someone suggested to me when we were doing
this:
- a "Project Management" web site called Gantthead (www.gantthead.com.) You
need to pay a premium to get to most of the material, but some is free.
- try Jim McCarthy's site (http://www.mccarthy-tech.com/). He used to have
some docs on his site, but I'm not sure if they're still there.

That same person forwarded me a zip file with some other information, which
I will forward off-list.

HTH.
Tara

Tara English-Sweeney