Re: Archimedes Socrates, ace tech writer, wins another one

Subject: Re: Archimedes Socrates, ace tech writer, wins another one
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 23:16:58 -0400

Yer right. Sounds like me when I tried to connect digital cable. I complained about the install doc to the sympathetic tech support person, but only after I tried to hook up before reading the directions.

"...like any male driver, I didn?t want to ask for directions... All I wanted was to get out on that highway and gun the engine."

From: "Michael West" <mbwest -at- bigpond -dot- net -dot- au>

http://www.msnbc.com/news/621462.asp

There's an interesting piece at the above URL by veteran journalist
Howard Fineman. Seems he had some difficulties installing a firewall
router on his cable connection. Among the problems he cites was
'the absurdly complicated instruction manual that came with the first
firewall router' he brought home.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I gather that in the opinion of
the esteemed members of this list, Fineman is a sniveling, incompetent
boob who isn't worthy to use high-tech equipment, and the author
of that firewall router manual, whose name was probably
Archimedes Socrates or something like that, is a hero because
he eats lunch with systems engineers and really understands the
complexities of router technology.

Am I right?

Just checking.

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: