Creating PFD from Word2K

Subject: Creating PFD from Word2K
From: skwpt <skwpt -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 07:22:08 -0700 (PDT)

First, I'm not a power Acrobat user. I know how to
create PDFs and that's about the extent of my
knowledge (in part, because that is all I have ever
had to use Adobe Acrobat for to date.)

I have saved a Word (200) doc as PDF (4.0 0318). All
looks good internally except for the front matter:

o The front page has a PowerPoint graphic on it,
which looks distorted when converted.
o None of the TOC links work.

When I select File > Print, my only Adobe option is
Adobe PDFWriter. I'm thinking perhaps I need to
distill this doc because of the one graphic and the
links. But when I open Distiller and drag the file
icon in via NT Explorer, I get an error message that
includes "offending command" and "no PDF will be
produced."

I recently installed FrameMaker 6.0; shouldn't that
have installed the proper print drivers? Meanwhile, I
have ordered Adobe's Classroom in a Book but, while I
wait, is there a short answer that will get me to save
this document the way I want it to look?

TIA
Kelly

http://im.yahoo.com