Re: Business Process Information in a User Guide

Subject: Re: Business Process Information in a User Guide
From: Scott Wahl <wahl_scott -at- yahoo -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 05:40:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Keith,

You might be able to change the diagrams slightly to
reflect the process that you expect an individual user
to follow. The diagram could either show the process
of using the software, or it could show a broader
process and how the software fits into it (if there
are other things the user must do outside of the
software).

This seems like it could be a useful tool to orienting
users to how the software fits into their work. That's
one of the biggest gaps in most user guides: they
explain how to use the software, but not how the user
would actually apply the software to real-world tasks.

Scott

--
Scott Wahl
Senior Technical Writer

--- Keith Posner <k -dot- posner -at- smarten -dot- com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about using business process
> information as introductory material in a user
guide.

http://im.yahoo.com