Writers with five years or less don't need apply

Subject: Writers with five years or less don't need apply
From: "SM Rush" <sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:05:53 -0700

Just thought I'd add my job finding experience (Seattle version) to the
pile.

I've got a good job right now, but one of my long term options included
going from captive to contractor right about now. (I've got seven years
experience, five post TW certificate, including a lot of developer/admin
documentation.) I figured I'd be a good catch.

So I decided to float my resume out there, maybe have some conversations
with a couple of recruiters and see what kind of jobs I could expect.
Imagine my surprise when the only response I got was a "we'll call you if a
job comes up."

So naturally I called them. (I didn't want to be put up for jobs, I just
wanted to learn more about the agency.) The assistant I talked to was very
nice, but she stated they're getting a *lot* of resumes from people with
about five years experience. And my seven years and tech background
apparently raise no bells or whistles at all.
sella rush
applied technical systems
silverdale, wa
developers of CCM knowledge discovery