Re: H1B tech writers

Subject: Re: H1B tech writers
From: Hack HackMan <oldhacker101 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:00:38 -0700 (PDT)

> --- "Douglas S. Bailey (AL)"
> <dbailey -at- commandalkon -dot- com> wrote:
> > OK, I'll bite. What is a H1B tech writer?

Well, I've never met one myself, but I sure have
met a
lot of H1B programmers (programmmers/SW Engineers
who
are brought over from India, Russia, etc.,
generally
at reduced rates, and who effectively lower wages,
and
increase unemployment here in the USA).

In fact, H1B engineers are the main reason I am
now doing tech writing: it was a simple question of
supply and demand.

But from David's reply (see below), it seems as
though
they are moving into tech writing, as well.

http://im.yahoo.com