Re: Laid off this morning

Subject: Re: Laid off this morning
From: "Dawson McKnight" <dawson_mcknight -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 08:26:20 -0400

Bonnie Granat <bgranat -at- att -dot- net> asked:

I'm free to go where the jobs are -- shall I move
to Seattle and go work for Bill? Any ideas on hot
spots?

Bonnie,

Sorry to hear about your layoff. I just survived one on Friday. That having been said...

Ever consider the Washington, D.C. area (i.e., D.C., Northern Virginia, and Maryland)? Our jobless rate is around 3%, which is considered too low to be "healthy," whatever that means. The federal government hires a lot of technical writers around here, and many government contractors and tech/bio-tech companies are hiring writers as well. The market isn't "hot," but there are jobs here. It is a safe place to work, because the economy is so diverse. :)

Dawson

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: