Re: FW: [twin] RE: Shock and Condolences

Subject: Re: FW: [twin] RE: Shock and Condolences
From: Elna Tymes <Etymes -at- LTS -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 22:52:54 -0700

Badrinarayanan_Srinivasan wrote:

> On behalf of all the tech writers in India, who I am sure will join me, I
> express my deepest condolences to our American counterparts following this
> terrible tragedy that has struck the United States.
>
> We reach out to you all in this hour of grief, and pray for your safety and
> well-being.

I find it interesting that, during today, so few messages were posted to
techwr_l, and that about half of them were expressions of condolence and
support, like the one above, from people in other countries. For one, I feel
very glad to be part of a global community where, as nationals, we can reach
out and offer support to each other.

To those of you not in the US - many of us in the US were not at work today.
In many cases, our employers sent us home to be with our families. Many of us
sat in front of the TV set, trying to comprehend those awful images, and the
fact that it had happened in our country. So thank you for reaching out to us,
and pardon us if we're a little awkward about acknowledging your support -
we're not used to being in this position.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems