RE: TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES

Subject: RE: TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES
From: "Harry Thompson" <hthompson -at- instranet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:16:04 +0200

Hear, hear.
I would like to join Sylvie. When I read the message this morning I was
hurt. It is full of disrespect for the victims of this tragedy, erroneous
history, and insults. This attack was not aimed only at the USA but at us
all. All of us share the pain being felt across America.
I can only hope that it was sent out in a blind state of grief. I can
forgive and understand that in the circumstances. Jingoism, however, now is
unforgivable and in extreme poor taste.
My friends in America, I hope you are safe. You are in my thoughts.

First of all, let me say how miserable I have felt since tuesday
concerning the unprecedented horror that took place in the US. My
warmest thoughts go to the families and friends of the victims.

Second of all, let me say how angered I was when I read your posting. I
really resent being subjected to this outrageously one-sided, whining
peace of disinformation. This is exactly the type of narrow mindedness
that got us in the situation we're in right now. This article is riddled
with the same gross inaccuracies and exageration that I am sure was used
by the persons who fomented these attacks to rally people to their madly
cause.
So please, spare us the humiliation of using the same lowly tactics that
where used by the killers.

Finally, let me apologize for jumping at you so crudely, I know you did
not write the article and did not mean any harm, but as both a US and
French citizen I felt compelled to speak my mind.