Re: Article: The e-book era is here (despite reports to the contrary)? (Take II)

Subject: Re: Article: The e-book era is here (despite reports to the contrary)? (Take II)
From: Amy Hendrix <amych -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:57:44 -0400

At 12:17 PM 9/13/2001 -0700, you wrote:

"Hart, Geoff" wrote:

> I began lusting after the benefits of ebooks this year when
> Milady and I merged our respective libraries.

As someone who has been there, I can say that, for readers, this is a sure sign
that a relation is serious. Sleeping over? Meeting parents? Neither of these
things shows committment like throwing out the duplicate copies in your merged
libraries.

For those who don't know it, Anne Fadiman has a wonderful essay on this subject in her book _Ex Libris_. Should any of you have any time off from technical concerns.

Amy "Off-topic, but it's been a long week" Hendrix - Durham, NC
DO NOTHING, UNSUCCESSFULLY

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: