Re: Enough

Subject: Re: Enough
From: Aruna <aruna -dot- r -at- india -dot- sun -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 12:20:14 +0530

I agree. People, we lost a Sun employee, a director, who was working at
WTC. Heleaves behind his extremely bereaved family and his shocked
colleagues, who know that they could have died too, had they not run
down those stairs before the plane hit.

Many of us have lost friends, relatives, colleagues, even distant
acquaintances. But the important thing is, it's not whether the dead
were known to us or not. They were regular, 9 to 5 guys, working people,
upstanding citizens with homes and families. People just like you and
me, no different. And today, they're gone and left behind a void.

Some of you are of the opinion that this list is not for expressing
one's
opinions, political or otherwise. I hope you guys realize that this good
list and its tolerant owner have actually allowed us to form a bond
during this stressful time, a bond that transcends the mundane
boundaries of continents, community and faith! Do you realize that we
are now speaking one tongue - that of humanity?

The last couple of days have helped many of us understand that terrorism
is a global virus and that we are all one people. We're beginning to
really be a global village now. This is the way to progress.

I salute this list for bringing us all together. We can all take a stand
against terrorism and open our hearts out to its unfortunate victims,
world-wide. When I wrote about India's plight, I forgot to mention that
my country shares this plight along with Ireland, Colombia, Palestine,
Sri Lanka and many others.

It's time to link hands and pray for them all. We can do more. We can
all
petition our governments to initiate talks with the other countries that
are victims of terrorism. America would be the ideal country to lead
such a movement. During World War II, as we know, some countries allied
themselves against Germany and others. Now, can't they all ally
themselves against terrorist groups?

Surely, we can all pop this idea into the press's head and have it
heard? Any ideas on that, guys? I know this sounds darned idealistic,
but ideals are all we're left with now. Everything else is being bombed
to shreds.

aruna