Volunteer Work

Subject: Volunteer Work
From: TashaRSuki -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 16:05:22 EDT

After reading "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Technical Writing", I have the sudden urge to do some volunteer writing projects. I don't have any experience in technical writing and I would like to create a portfolio. I also acquired a copy of WinHelp Office and I want to get some projects going to get familiar with using it. Can anyone offer me any tips on how to get started? What are some good places to look for volunteer work and how should I approach them? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tasha Rucker