RE: How many worthless stock options do you have?

Subject: RE: How many worthless stock options do you have?
From: "SM Rush" <sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:46:09 -0700

My little private company (about 30 people) just recently started issuing
employee stock options. I've got about 60K now and growing, but only about
25K is vested. (Of course, these are stock shares I can by at $.01 and are
worth about $.07, so I figure my little windfall works out to about $1500
(about 8 days salary ).

But the goal, at least in my case, is not to reward me for past services,
but to provide additional work incentive (and also, as they tell us, create
a source of peer pressure--"we all must put in extra effort, any one slacker
might keep us all from striking rich!")

[reallly lame definitions deleted]--thanks David! BTW--at my company, part
of the deal is that I can't sell my options to anyone without permission of
the company. This is because we're private, there are several other little
kinks, which actually make a lot of sense for our situation.
sella rush
applied technical systems
silverdale, wa
developers of CCM knowledge discovery