Re: How many worthless stock options do you have?

Subject: Re: How many worthless stock options do you have?
From: Paul Sinasohn <sinasohn -at- sendmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:37:38 -0700

I got stock options with my first tech writing job, right when I
transferred into the field. I stayed with the company 4 years (through a
buyout) and ended up with enough to pay for landscaping the backyard and
putting in a hot tub.

Frills, essentially. I sold fairly close to the high of the stock (on
the way up).

Now, I'm holding what's left of those shares as just something else to
have around for sometime in the future. If they go up, great. If they go
down, no big loss.

My current company just swapped the option grants for share grants, but
they vest on the same schedule (though it's a reverse-vesting, in that
the company loses the right to buy back shares each month).

I would never count on options for wealth or income, but if so,ething
comes of them, then a dream can get realized.

(Next dream: vacation flat or house in the UK somehwere) :-)
--
******REMOVE NOSPAM FROM REPLY ADDRESS ABOVE******
Paul E. Sinasohn 510-594-5571