Re: Non-traditional resume?

Subject: Re: Non-traditional resume?
From: "Mark Moloney" <mmoloney -at- network365 -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 16:45:10 +0100

I just changed my CV (résumé), actually, from a sprawling four pages to a
bijou two pages. I guess that means it looks more conventional now.

I just couldn't bring myself to break the prose into bullet points or load
it with those damn HR keywords, and when a friend said "You use the word 'I'
too much; you shouldn't use that in a CV!" I nearly yelled "It's *my* CV.
I'm trying to sell *myself*." Perhaps he's right, though.

I used (and, I have to admit, plagiarised) a lot of the ideas that appeared
on this very list in July. My favourite idea was Jane Carnall's "blurb" idea
(sent: Monday, July 16, 2001 4:46 PM), which I used by writing one line
saying what sort of job I want and where, and a short paragraph saying what
I do and why that's good.

/ Mark Moloney

(My résumé is at http://www.nudewar.com/mark/ for anyone interested - and I
appreciate any comments)