Re: Unusual resumes

Subject: Re: Unusual resumes
From: Ed -dot- Hawco -at- acecomm -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 09:25:30 -0400

>> I have been asked to evalute some tech writer resumes forwarded for a
>> contract position open in another department. Most contain the usual
>> information: company name, dates of employment, etc. But a few, all from
the
>> same agency, do not contain any specific company names or employment
>> history.

> I seem to recall either reading on this list, or being told by a
colleague,
> that some companies will not allow you to divulge that you worked for
them for
> some set period of time (2 years, IIRC). It may be that these people are
bound
> by these agreements. Then again, maybe not.

That may be true, but I doubt it's the case here as ALL from the one agency
have this problem. More likely, the agency has a strong "privacy policy"
that they seem to be taking too far. If I were you I'd contact the agency
directly, and ask them what's up. It's one thing to mask company names, but
when they remove information like how long the employee worked there
they're putting their clients at a disadvantage and inconveniencing you. I
would insist they provide proper information (with provisions for privacy),
or you'll stop accepting resumes from them.

Ed Hawco
Senior Technical/Marketing Writer
ACE*COMM Corporation
Tel: 514-843-7700 x224 / Fax: 514-843-7726
Email: ed -dot- hawco -at- acecomm -dot- com
Web: www.acecomm.com