Re: Unusual resumes

Subject: Re: Unusual resumes
From: Kate O'Neill <kate -at- kathleen -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:44:28 -0700

Jo Francis Byrd wrote:
> I would add to Andrew's advice on not dealing with the agency, TELL the
> agency why you're not looking at any of the submitted candidates. I've
> had this done to me, and I'm NOT a grand slam loser.

Ditto. (Thanks a -lot-, Andrew. ;-) )

> One time I saw my
> "revised" resume on my way in to interview with the potential client. I
> was horrified: Who IS this woman??!!! The client was so impressed with
> me he hired me almost on the spot without asking me a single question
> about my resume. Thank God.

I had the same experience, with the same result and the
same sigh of relief. But I was so mortified at the way
they'd butchered my resume that I nearly didn't take the
job, as it meant working through that agency and I was
concerned about what -other- fun I had in store.

Like Bryan Westbrook's friend, an agency once "upgraded"
my graduate studies to a Master's degree. I'm -still-
amazed that didn't come back and bite me in the butt.

- Kate O'